TransWorld Trade Shows is actively and continuously monitoring (via local/national authorities, public health advice, and CDC/WHO guidelines) the status of the Covid-19 Coronavirus outbreak. The health and safety of our exhibitors, attendees and staff is our number one priority.
The Halloween & Attraction Show, Christmas Show and Escape Room Conference will all be proceeding as scheduled March 19th-22nd, 2020 at the America’s Center in Downtown St Louis.
TransWorld Trade Shows, in conjunction with the America’s Center and Explore St. Louis, would like to share an update with you on how our teams are monitoring the situation and what preventative actions we are putting in place for our upcoming event.
- Increased surface cleaning (door handles, elevator buttons, escalator handrails, registration desks, restrooms, food service areas, coat check, etc.).
- Increased hand sanitizing stations around the show (main lobbies, registration areas, food service areas, elevator and escalator landings, etc.)
- Enhanced on-site medical services
We strongly urge our exhibitors and attendees to refer to the guidelines and protocols as suggested by the World Health Organization at www.who.int and local/national public health authorities to contain and mitigate against any further spread of the virus. We encourage all attendees to learn more about prevention information on the Center for Disease Control website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html.
Please feel free to contact Jen Thaler at Jen@haashow.com or Rich Bianco at Rich@haashow.com with any questions you have regarding this issue. We will continue to closely monitor this situation. Following is Explore St. Louis’ official press release on the subject:
Explore St. Louis Press Release
In light of ongoing concerns about reports of the COVID-19 (formerly Novel Coronavirus) outbreak, Explore St. Louis and The America’s Center continue to monitor the situation very closely. While the risk of contracting the coronavirus in the U.S. is low, we will follow the advice of the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Should the situation change, we will issue periodic updates as necessary. Please know that America’s Center’s first priority is the health, safety and well-being of everyone involved with any event that is held in our facility, and our community.
At this time there have been no confirmed cases of the outbreak in our area. However, we will continue to monitor updates that are provided by the CDC. You can also find additional information on the CDC’s website at www.cdc.gov.
We have appointed Col. Reggie Harris, VP of Public Safety and Guest Service, and Nila Tuckson, VP of Human Resources, to lead our organization in obtaining and providing up-to-date information to our employees and clients. Additionally throughout America’s Center, there will be an increase of alcohol-based hand sanitizers for attendees and staff and an enhanced housekeeping team servicing commonly used surfaces (e.g. doorknobs, ledges, escalator hand rails, elevator buttons, restrooms, etc.). In conjunction with the TransWorld Shows, during show days Explore St. Louis will provide an emergency medical technician (EMT) on site for four (4) hours.
We recommend keeping up to date with the most recent information on the virus via the following web sites:
- World Health Organization https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services https://health.mo.gov/living/healthcondiseases/communicable/novel-coronavirus/
- St. Louis City Health Department https://www.stlouis-mo.gov/government/departments/health/communicable-disease/covid-19- coronavirus.cfm
- St. Louis County Department of Health and Wellness https://www.stlouisco.com/Health-and-Wellness/Coronavirus
- US Travel Association https://www.ustravel.org/toolkit/emergency-preparedness-and-response-coronavirus